Sunday, June 13, 2010

Finding My 3-Minute Egg

Earlier this year, I had a breakfast at the charming french restaurant, Parc Brasserie, on Rittenhouse Square in Philly.  I ordered the Eggs en Cocotte, a 3-minute egg with brioche mouillettes. 


Since then I have been trying to replicate the meal.   Although this may sound like an easy task, I have been surprised to find that a true 3-minute egg is not what I remember having.  It turns out that my perfect "3-minute egg" is actually a 6- minute egg.  Here's what I found:  

The 3-minute egg yielded an egg that was so runny it made me too nervous to eat.  

The 5-minute egg had a firmer white, but some of the white and the yolk were still a bit too runny for me.

The 6-minute egg had a firmer white and the yolk was beginning to firm as well. Perfect!

top photo via Baking and Books; following three picture via Cooking for Engineers

1 comment:

alicia said...

Yum! Love eggs.